A while ago, our Chief Ninja - the very talented author of Hack the Buyer Brain, Kenda (yes, I know that’s a shameless plug, but you really will thank me when you buy your copy) wrote a blog on why you should have Lead Scoring set up in your Infusionsoft by Keap Application. You can read that blog here.
If reading that deluge of information has left you wondering why you haven’t set up Lead Scoring in your own Infusionsoft by Keap app, and you would now like to implement it, then keep reading and I’ll show you exactly how to do it.
By the time you’ve read this blog, you’ll be Lead Scoring like a ninja. You will have the knowledge it takes to create your own custom Infusionsoft by Keap dashboard widget, showing all of your contacts nicely laid out according to how hot of a lead they are. How cool is that?
The first thing to know in Infusionsoft by Keap, is that your contacts’ scores are measured in flames - zero flames being contacts who haven’t engaged at all, up to five flames for your most engaged contacts.
Flames are further broken down by points, and you can determine how many points equate to the full five flames.
Using the examples below, if you set your lead scoring up so that 100 points equals 5 flames, then once a contact has clicked to book a call, submitted a webform, and clicked through to a landing page, then they would be awarded five flames and would be one of your most engaged contacts.
You may want to consider a contact to be highly engaged just by booking a call - in that instance you would set 50 points to equal 5 flames. It’s all about personal preference here.
Next, you’ll need to determine how many points you’d like to assign to a contact for each action they perform. You can assign a minimum of 5 points per action, up to a maximum of 100 points per action.
Below is an example of the points for actions you could assign, but depending on your own preferences or business needs, you can adjust accordingly.
Opened an email 5 points
Clicked to download a PDF10 points
Clicked through to a landing page20 points
Webform Submission30 points
Clicked to book a call50 points
You can also subtract points for negative actions such as clicking an unsubscribe link, and you can set points to expire after a set amount of time.
Now it’s time to hop into your Infusionsoft by Keap app, and crack on with the actual setting up.
1. Hover over the Infusionsoft Logo and click on Settings under CRM
2. On the next screen, hit Scores
3. Set your number of points you’d like to equal 5 flames, and then start to add your score criteria. . Once you have set up your first criteria, just hit the + on the right to add more
NB. As in the image below, email opens, email clicks, webform submissions and email unsubscribes will be set as default actions in your app - you can adjust the points manually, and select an expiry time frame, which is optional. It is up to you which of these four you’d like to set up scores for.
4 Once you have chosen which default actions you’d like to record scores for, hit save
As mentioned above, you can also set up scores for actions such as downloading a PDF, or clicking a book a call link for example.
You would set up the scores for these the same as the default options, only these would be based on tags rather than activity.
Firstly make sure that you have already set up your tags on your link clicks in your emails, and name them so you are clear about what those tags are going to be used for.
Lead scoring > Clicked on book a call link
Lead scoring > Clicked to download a PDF
So these tags would be in a Lead scoring category, followed by the action which has been performed.
Here’s how you would then set up those scores:
Now you have set up your lead scoring, there’s nowhere better to display your hard work than in a custom widget placed nicely on your dashboard. Right?
To do this you need to run some contact searches based on the number of flames they have, and save those searches. Here’s how:
1. Hover over the Infusionsoft Logo and select Contacts under CRM
2. Under the search criteria for Lead Score select equals in the first box, and 0 flames in the second box. Hit Search. This will bring up all of you contact with 0 flames
3. Hit save at the top, name your search accordingly, select who you’d like to share this search with, then hit save at the bottom.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 but changing the amount of flames each time. You will then end up with 5 saved searches, each related to the number of flames each contact has.
You’re now ready to display your info on your dashboard.
1. On your Infusionsoft by Keap dashboard, select add widgets
2. Choose Look for Custom Statistics and click add to dashboard
3. Hit Rename, choose a suitable name for your widget, then hit save
4. Make sure Saved search is selected. Choose your 0 flames search from the dropdown, then click save and add
5. Repeat step 4, five times until you have selected all of your flames saved searches. After selecting your last saved search, hit save, rather than save and add.
You now have all of your contacts, segmented by their number of flames nicely displayed on your dashboard.
I know all of that seems like a lot of work, and to an untrained ninja it can be!
If you want your own Lead Scoring dashboard widget, but feel like you don’t have the time to do it yourself, then you could always get a ninja to do it for you by clicking the button below. We live for this stuff!!